This is an example of a HTML caption with a link.

Mata Sahib Kaur Girls College,Talwandi Sabo

Mata Sahib Kaur Girls College was brought into being in July 1997 by the then SGPC President Jathedar Sardar Gurcharn Singh Tohra to impart education to rural girls of Talwandi Sabo area. The college is named after the revered mother of Khalsa Panth, Mata Sahib Kaur Ji. The main endeavour was to inculcate basic as well as value based education to the girl students of the backward region of the state. The land was blessed as 'Guru Ki Kashi' by the tenth Master Guru Guru Gobind Singh Ji since then it has flourished as leading educational hub.Our effort is to provide education at door steps and at affordable charges.Excellence in curriculum is our priority.

The college is situated in a serene, pollution free and pious land of Damdama Sahib adjoining to Takht Shri Damdama Sahib giving God gifted reflection and divine grace. Its campus covers an area of about 14 acres of land having a spacious hostel ,well equipped laboratories and an magnificent stadium for various games. We promise and ensure every student to have qualitative education as well as bear an influential personality.

This academic plant has been serving in the religious town with the sincerity and dedication. In the beginning it was only degree college but with the advancement of technology and modernization along with the idea to render the students for job oriented skill we introduced some professional courses. Currently we are offering BA, BCA, B.COM, B.SC. Home Science,B.SC. Non-Medical, BA(Punjabi Hons.), BA(Economics Hons.) and some PG courses like PGDCA, Msc IT and MA Punjabi,MA History,MA Pol. Sci. and M.Com .

Apart from bookish knowledge the college emphasises moral values along with bequeathing Gurmat Sangeet and Gurmat studies for engendering social values and spirit of co-operation . We have N.S.S wing, E.C.A department which enhance the artistic talent in students.We inherited a strong foundation to march ahead and achieve the objective for a stronger and brighter India so that it may help in disseminating knowledge and qualitative wonders to the world.

College has well stocked Library which provides amicable environment to the students for self study. College has also hostel facility which gives them homely atmosphere. We have sumptuous building having capacious classrooms and music room also.

Transport facility is also provided by college to bring the students from far-flung areas and hygienic canteen which provides delicious eatables to the students. It has well experienced and qualified staff which is providing them updated knowledge, using modern teaching methodology. Our endeavour is to inspires students as well as teachers to work hard as their is no shortcut to success. Summing up, college is a tree which is giving golden apples to society and this tree will blossom in future as well.

Punjabi University, Patiala

  Punjab Assembly established Punjabi University, Patiala under the Punjab Act No. 35 of 1961. Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the then President of India laid foundation of Punjabi University on June 24, 1962. He preached, "The institutes of higher education share the burden of nation-building in a critically important sense. Our aim is a strong, free and democratic India where every citizen has an equal place and full opportunity of growth. In this task, a vast responsibility rests on our universities." Established on April 30, 1962 in the erstwhile princely state of Patiala with the main objective of furthering the cause of Punjabi language, art and literature, Punjabi University has since evolved into the largest University in the state. This is the second University in the world to be named after a language, the first being Hebrew University of Israel. Its vision is to establish and incorporate a University for the advancement of Punjabi studies and development of Punjabi language as a medium of instruction or otherwise for providing instruction in humanistic and scientific subjects and generally for the promotion of education and research. The University started working from its present lush green, pollution free, 316 acres campus since 1965.
  Initially Universitys jurisdiction area was fixed as the 16 km radius having only 9 colleges. In 1969, it grew into an affiliating university, with 43 colleges affiliated to it. Now the university caters to the educational needs of nine Districts of Punjab. Over the time since its inception, the University has evolved into a multi-faceted and multi-faculty educational institution for the promotion of higher education and research in Humanities, Arts, Sciences, Engineering Languages, Technology and many more. Spread over 600 acres of land, its 1500+ teachers are imparting instruction and guidance to nearly 14,000+ students in a multi-faceted, multi-pronged and multi-faculty environment comprising 70+ Teaching and Research Departments/Chairs on its Campus, 27 Regional Centre/ Neighbourhood Campuses/Constituent Colleges and 278 Colleges affiliated to it.

Guru Ki Kashi, Talwandi Sabo

The fourth temporal Seat (TAKHAT)of Sikh religion is situated at this Sacred land of Talwandi Sabo. Battling with his contemporary Tyrant rulers, Guru Gobind Singh Ji left Sri Anandpur Sahib in 1704 and traveling through the places of Chamkaur Sahib, Maachiwara, Deenakangad, Muktsar Sahib, Lakhi Jangal, Paka Pathrala etc., reached here in 1705.The revered Guru stayed here for more than fifteen months and this place became popular as "DAMDAMA SAHIB". Here Guru Ji had dectated sacred Bir of AAD SRI GRANTH SAHIB to the Great martyr Bhai Mani Singh Ji and blessed this land as "GURU KI KASHI". Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji was First Jathedar of this temporal seat. He prepared the copies of AAD SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB and sent to other four temporal seats of sikh religion. The auspicious occasion of BAISAKHI is being celebrated at this place with great enthusiasm and devotion.